Tuesday, April 20, 2010

6 miles!?

This past week has been a good one for me. I did have a few days of intense water retention (urg...being a girl) but as of this morning that is all gone and I am back to weight in. I also did some pretty amazing things this week on the treadmill. I ran 13 miles in one week! That is a personnal record! One of these runs was 6mi which I did with a 12min mile pace, another personal first. I think this training for the half will be really interesting. Until now I have focused on things I was good at or have done before but running is all new for me and I am learning so much about my focus and patience as well as dedication. I really am hopeful...

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

CONGRATS!! I love that you are enjoying this half marathon stuff! It's going to be AWESOME! Also.. woo hoo for getting rid of the water retention.. go Jess Go!

Mindy said...

Wow... 6 miles is fantastic!!! i'm up to a 5 mile jaunt but i'm not running most of it. have stayed focused on my 15 min mile though. that seems to be actually pretty easy for me. WHO KNEW! Anyway, glad you're rocking the running. Can't wait for the marathon. Now if it would just stop snowing!