Monday, January 25, 2010

My new toy!

I am so excited, this week my husband came home from the store with a brand new WII and WII FIT!!!!! My anniversary is this friday but I didnt expect anything because in our 8 year marriage he definitly hasnt been a gift giver if ya know what I mean! (This is actually the first time, shhh don't tell I put that on the internet) I am completely in love with the idea of having something active to with my family in the Utah long winters. I cannot afford to Ski or snowboard so I am kinda limited. So far we have spent hours jogging (which somehow seems more fun on a virtual island than just running in place), Boxing (which has been good marriage counseling), and tinkering around with hula hoop and balance test and all the other neat things. The best part though is that both my husband and the kids say that it is MY new toy so I hold veto power. Ah...the illusion of control.

Also I have finally began to loose a few pounds but it has been very slow and tedious. I am faithful with my exercise but food is not my friend. At home I do fine, I can control what is in the house so I only have good choices. At work on the other hand I am surrounded by peer pressure, from people who think its ok to waive indulgences in my face BECAUSE I am on a diet and meals that average 200 bad carbs! The worst part is either I eat what they serve or I go hungry for my 12 hour shifts. There was one day this week where everyone ordered cafe rio and I ate on a chicken burrito throughout the day and gained 2lbs! I have managed to re-loose those lbs (all but .4) and hopefully will continue on a downward path.

I hope to make this week a good one, I mean we gotta finish a month strong right!?!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I'm glad you lost the burrito weight! ;o) I wish you had other options at work but... I guess part of changing your eating habits for life is dealing with BAD choices. Sorry babe! Congrats on the WII and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Heather Brown said...

Can you take food with you to work? I obviously dont know what you do, but when I had an office job, on Sunday I would cut up veggies and make snacks for the whole week. It worked out great for me, to take a cooler with me. That way I wasnt tempted when they ordered food in the office!
Congrats on the Wii Fit!! So much fun! I got it and I LOVE IT!! My favorite one is the Obstacle Course. I havent passed advance yet! Slippery ice gets me. But by the time its over I am sweating! Also boxing and the step is fun! I love them all really! haha.

Moi said...

I am so jealous. I want a wii but am just too cheap to buy one.