Monday, January 11, 2010

This week, uhh...

This week has been overwhelming and exhausting, and its only the first week. I have been officially accepted into my nursing program which brings tons of joy and stress. I also had a killer week at work and have not been home until after midnight. The baby isnt sleeping and now I am starting to whine...So long story short I am left looking for a way to cope. Usually I would have ordered dinner for my family and comfort ate myself. I mean who doesnt yearn for chocolate ice cream with their tears?

My next big issue is I am a closet eater, I will wait till my husband falls asleep and get up to eat what I know I shouldn't. I will destress from a long day will a 1000 cal. bad decision from one of the 7 fast food places on my way home from work. So now that I have the accountability ( which right now feels like pressure) of this comp and my husband (who is not struggling) I am just left feeling in way over my head.

My husband assures me that I cannot be the only one feeling this way but I cannot help thinking it.

5 comments:

Heather Brown said...

I used to be an in the closet eater too! And no you are not the only one who feels that way.. Life is about learning to manage all we have been dealt with. Keep your chin up and GO FOR IT!!

Karilynn said...

Your life is seriously always insane!! I hope that things start looking up for you soon! :o) And seriously... if you desperately need ice cream, buy those little 4 oz scoop things of B&J's and go for it!! It's only 200 calories and it tastes like pure heaven when you are crying!

love my kiddos said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. It IS hard to lose weight when you're not sleeping. I hope things get better for you. Just know that you're not alone. You're not the only closet eater out there, that's totally me too. I hope you can stay strong. I'm rooting for you. Good luck!

Amanda said...

I always am grabbing junk at the check stand and stopping for a burger when I don't have anyone with me. I stash stuff in my laundry room, and in my bedroom...places I can eat with no one watching. I had a close friend of mine go through some serious drug issues, and watched her as she went through withdraws...watching her strength I decided that if she was strong enough to not do drugs, I could put the junk down at the check out. It was REALLY REALLY hard. But I managed to do that. As for this comp I am so focused and excited that I currently can't imagine straying from my goals and plan. I am blogging everyday to help me maintain my focus it is really helping hold me strong and keep me accountable for what I am eating and consuming. Hang in there! Be strong and know we are all in this together. And a great alternative to ice cream is gellato (sp?) it is wonderful, still contains sugar so if you are doing no sugar that won't work. the caloric intake on it is like 90. It is all natural.

Spitfire said...

You are definitely not alone. There are other ways to fill the void, or calm the stress...you could learn some other destressing techniques...a good calming meditation cd might work, along with breathing techniques. Have you heard of The Gabriel Method? www.gabrielmethod.com
He uses visualizations to try and change habits. You are a strong woman....I know you can do this.
xo