Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pushing my limits

Yesterday I was invited to run a 5k in in June, which sounds great but...the person inviting me is running the half marathon and how cool would it be to be able to run it with her? Last year I was horribly out of shape and I still managed to finish a 5k, so why not a half when I am in so much better shape now? My only issue is that I am NOT a runner, never really have been, so I have no idea what I am doing. Any tips/training ideas would be helpful, and for anyone else who wants this challenge, I am planning on running the Utah valley half marathon on June 10th!

2 comments:

Moi said...

You did 5k and are not a runner? Don't under estimate yourself.

Find yourself a good training program. (www.runnersworld.com) Just stick with it. Plus they have a tonne of forums. The more you talk with runners, the more you will feel like a runner

Ellura said...

Awesome - that is a great goal. You should check with Robyn in the comp. She runs a half every year and has a training program she follows. Right now, I am hoping to do my first 5k this year. I have been real sporadic with my exercise lately. This is a good way to get committed!